Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Sixth One.

So I have finally watched Man vs Food. I gotta say, it is awesome. The guy is endearing, and the concept is hilarious. Some of the foods I have seen this guy eat have made me feel full as hell, it's like a contact high with food. My cardiologist even called me just to see if I was ok. Now this show totally beats the hell out of watching crap like Jersey Shore or the Real Housewives of Abu Dhabi, but this show got me feeling a little bad about life.

Here is this fat dude walking around eating garantuan amounts of greasy ass food, which he gets for free, and he likely makes an assload of money through advertising and contract from the Food Network. He gets revered like a rockstar, and acts like one on his show. However, the guy is basically the poster child for diabetes, obesity and quad-bypass surgery. I think it is sort of funny how you get commercials for Fat- Free Silhouette yogurt and Cheerios with their ultra mega cholesterol lowering powers in between ten minute spurts of this guy chugging down eleven pound pizza subs and sandwiches with french fries and ice cream on them.

Maybe he is actually a martyr. He has noticed the obesity epidemic in North America, and he is doing his best to eat absolutely all the bad food in America to prevent average Joes from making poor nutritional decisions.

I wonder if they get this show in Kenya, or Sierra Leone? The entire village would be confused as hell as one giant fat man eats more food in one sitting than they do in a week combined. There are people in the world who die of starvation every day, and I'm sure when this guy dies of his inevitable heart explosion, it will free up enough food to save about 86 people.

I propose a show that has all the entertainment value of Man vs Food, but with a little bit more social responsibility. You could do it on site in different cities, and take homeless people, or starving villagers in impoverished countries, and then slap down a 12 pound pastrami sandwhich and watch them eat that.
Hell you could mesh a bunch of different shows into one, let them phone a friend to come eat some too, or ask the audience if they want some.

I know I would watch that.

1 comment: